Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Perfect World - MMO  (Read 1468 times)
Katzyn

PW: Council Members

Reputation +0/-0

.:Kitty Katzyn:.

View Profile

« on: June 13, 2009, 12:52:34 AM »

Okay...Let's chat about this game.  XD

So, as was mentioned, Perfect World International is a free MMO. 

I just started playing it, because Onlyblue and Meowsie are playing it, and I figured, hey, if they like it, I'll probably like it.  This is the first MMO I've ever played, and I gotta say, I like it!

But I'm having a little trouble figuring things out, LOL.

I'm playing as a Venomancer, a being who can control beats and befriend them.  I've got my first "pet", a wolfling, but I can't get him to battle with me.

Is there a site I can look at to figure this out?  He's OUT, but he won't leave the city.
onlyblue

Administrator

Reputation +0/-0

Do what you gotta do!

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:04:18 AM »

I've got myself a Venomancer as well. It's something I play around with while Mousie is at work. I must say that for someone who is new to the game and the genre, that particular class is quite possibly the best choice to start with.

Veno's can specialalize in Pet Mastery (control monsters) and Werebeast (fox fighter) form. You can get into decent groups for quests, farm (earn gold), and just be an independent player (if you choose to).

To answer your Q, once you have your pet out in the world, you'll want to check if the pet is set into the follow command mode. On the pet skill bar, it should be represented as the "Paw" icon, this has them follow you and attack whatever you attack. The leash icon puts your pet into the halt position, or heel. This will make the pet stay put and not attack.

The Perfect World official forum is a good place to start when you need a general idea of where you want to spend attribute points and what skills you should specialize in.

Here's the Venomancer section of their forum
Perfect World International - Venomancer Boards

Here are two more sites that I highly recommend you bookmark as well...

Perfect World Wiki - Untamed Quests
PW Database (for item information/enemy locations)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:08:18 AM by onlyblue » Logged

Creating forum theme colors. Any suggestions? Send me a PM.
Katzyn

Reputation +0/-0

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 02:04:22 AM »

Thank you, OnlyBlue.  =)  I'll have a look at all that.  ^_^

An...11 year old actually took me under her wing, and right now, we're wandering around the map, lol.  Kind of funny, actually...
Mousie

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 07:26:26 AM »

We are going to have to make play dates. :3
Katzyn

Reputation +0/-0

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 11:20:02 AM »

Hahaha, maybe we should wait until I get some levels on me, so I don't get myself stranded in the middle of level 81 monsters anymore, hm?  XD  Fun stuff, fun stuff.  I'm just glad people can carry others, hahaha.
onlyblue

Administrator

Reputation +0/-0

Do what you gotta do!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 10:07:23 PM »

I know the feeling! When I started playing, before I got Mousie into the game, I had to figure things out on my own. Lots of researching (finding out things the hard way) before I learned what I could really do. Not to say that I know everything about the game as I'm still learning myself.

The only drawback is not being able to carry players of the same sex. Males can only carry female characters. Perhaps they should start legislation on same sex carriers LOL. That whole issue is for another topic entirely =D

Katzyn

Reputation +0/-0

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 11:42:32 PM »

Lol, yeah, it would have been nice if Meowsie could have saved me, haha, but instead, we had to run around to find someone to help us, then wait for her friend.  XD

Now I'm having another issue, and I think I might have to send them an email about this one..

I can't get into the game.  I accidentally closed the window and logged out, and now I can't get back in.  When I double-click on the Perfect World icon on my desktop, the little menu comes up and shows me this -

EDIT~

OH.  I fixed it.  Turns out a teleportation master teleportation window was still open, lol.
onlyblue

Administrator

Reputation +0/-0

Do what you gotta do!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 11:48:27 PM »

It would seem that since you accidentally closed the game there may still be a PW process running on your machine.

Try going into your task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and look under the processes tab to see if this is indeed the case. If you see a process named "patcher.exe" or "elementclient.exe" go ahead and right-click then end process.

If there is an error with the game itself, you may need to run an update which would verify all downloaded files. This will also repair/redownload corrupt files for you.

Katzyn

Reputation +0/-0

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 01:15:09 AM »

Yeah, I figured it out.  =3  Thank you.  <3
Mousie

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 02:31:20 AM »

clumsy kitty lol. I love you <3.
Well kat, considering there are so much opportunities for you to lvl up fast, I'm pretty sure we will be able to make playdates soon.  If anything at blue's veno char to your friend list. LadyEtna. You two can play together while I'm at work and then when I come home, I get on my char, blue switch chars, and viola =D! Instant Play Date!
onlyblue

Administrator

Reputation +0/-0

Do what you gotta do!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 12:12:18 PM »

Oh crap, i just deleted your post kat.... I'm so sorry!

Well, let me try to recap what your post said...

I'm silly... Something something, level up to 13 by questing and killing stuff....
something, something...  I want a horse!

I was trying to reply but I think I hit the delete button >_<....

I want a horse also but the going rate for a standard horse is around 2.5mil.... I'm trying to save the cash for a panther since those are a tad bit cheaper....

So sorry again Sad

Katzyn

Reputation +0/-0

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »

Hahahahahaha.  XD

It's okay, haha.  XD  You made me laugh, which I sorely needed (I'm freaking out about the weather, haha).

Yeah, I've seen how expensive they are...But I need -something- as a goal, right?  XD
onlyblue

Administrator

Reputation +0/-0

Do what you gotta do!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »

From what I have noticed with the 3 characters I've made.... A Blademaster (31), a Wizard (33), and my Venomancer (27), is that my Veno has made more gold than the other two characters have at the same level.

I think its primarily due to the fact that I don't really need to buy those Red and Blue pots for magic and health as often as with the others.... I also don't need to buy the greatest armor or weapons since I'm not doing the actual fighting...

However, across the three characters, I've earned approximately, 500k in gold. A little closer to actually earning a mount. I just hope when I do crack 1 million, that the prices for them have come down considerably. Wishful thinking in that everyone gets tired of theirs and make em free XD

BTW, sorry to hear about the weather.... Tornado watch? Freezing rains?

Katzyn

Reputation +0/-0

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 09:16:38 PM »

Tornado warnings.  =(  We've had them everyday for about a week now...Or more.

Yeah, I feel like I'm making (or saving) a lot of money.  XD  Then I look at prices for...anything, and feel silly, because so many people jack up prices for even the smallest, most inexpensive things.  o_o
onlyblue

Administrator

Reputation +0/-0

Do what you gotta do!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 10:11:07 PM »

Some items you pick up like Soft Furs, Disguise Skins, serve a purpose. At some point, you'll start doing Dragon Quests. These quests are basically scavenger hunt type quests where you speak to one person and bring X amount of monster loots to another. They are long and drawn out quests that tend to have several sub-quests which need to be completed in order to see a reward.

Most people collect these DQ items and sell them to other players. Hence, why it might be a good idea to start collecting some of the more sought after items now for yourself rather than spend your money on them.

You can also do a quest from the Banker where he asks for materials. If you collect everything he asks for, he will increase your Bank storage space by one row. Furthermore, after completing the first Bank Quest, he offers a second bank quest with the much more costly monster drops on the menu.

I'll type up what items you should start holding on to so you don't end up selling anymore than you need.

You don't really need to spend a lot on Armor's or Weapons for you character as you're a venomancer. If you happen to get an armor drop from a monster that fits you. Then by all means, mix and match your armors... You don't need to start spending actual gold on armor until you hit 30ish.

Oh, and another tip, pick up EVERYTHING... it might seem trivial at first but once you start selling the 'crap' to the merchants, it all adds up!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:12:42 PM by onlyblue » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Free SubDomain Names
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc